Who: describe people as the subjectWhom: describes his people as objects (to replace me, you, us, p., her,Them, it)Whose: describe people as owners (to replace my, your, our, his, her, Their,its)Which: describes the body as subject and objectThat explains the person or object either as subject or object
Example:People or things underlined on the left is the same sentence with the person or object pronouns underlined in the next sentence are based kanan.Kata liaison person or object pronoun in the sentence on the right.
1. The Fisherman Gave us Some shoots. He caught a lot of shoots.
- The Fisherman WHO caught a lot of shoots Some Gave us. (Subject)
2. The farmer was away on holiday. I wanted to see uterus.
- The farmer whom I wanted to see was away on holiday. (Object)
3. The woman asked me. Her bike was lost.
- The woman whose bike was lost asked me. (Owner)
- The Fisherman WHO caught a lot of shoots Some Gave us. (Subject)
2. The farmer was away on holiday. I wanted to see uterus.
- The farmer whom I wanted to see was away on holiday. (Object)
3. The woman asked me. Her bike was lost.
- The woman whose bike was lost asked me. (Owner)
Exercise
1. The man talked all the time. I sat next to uterus on the plane.
2. A man Answered the phone. He toll me out you were the resource persons.The man ......
3. A waitress served us. she was very impolite and impatient.The .....
4. Some boys were the resource persons arrested. They have now been released.
The boys .....
5. We saw Some people. Had Their car broken down.
We saw Some people ... Had car broken down.
Solutions
1. I met a man ... is kind to everybody.
2. The woman ... I Called Gave Me Some information.
3. I know the man ... bike is lost.
4. I'll show you the ring ... he Gave to me.
5. The man with ... Came to the party you is my father.
To solve the problem as above, can be used trick as follows:
1. If the word before the points is to show people, and after the dots are verbs or auxiliary verbs like to be or modals, or auxiliary 'do' (is, Is not, do, do, will, won ' t, can, can not, was, wasn't, etc.), then the contents of the points is the WHO.
2. If the word before the points is to show humans, or humans was followed by a preposition such as with, to,by, from, etc. and after the points is the subject (noun, name of the person, or pronouns: I, you, she 'We , he,it, Abdel, Temon, etc.), then the contents of the dots is whom.
3. If the word before the points is to show people, or animals, and said after the dots is a noun, then the contents of these points is whose.
4. If the word before the dots is a noun that shows not human, then the contents of the dots is which.
Thus the answer to the questions above are: 1. who, 2. whom, 3. whose, and 4. the which, 5. whom
Note: In the language of everyday conversation whom are often not used, but instead is the WHO; IMET The
Man Who you talked to last week.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar